- 4 Cups-Fresh Blueberries
- ½ Cup-Brown Sugar-plus extra to dust peaches
- 1 Tablespoon-Almond Extract
- 1 Tablespoon-All Purpose Flour
- To Coat-Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup-All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup-Pecans-chopped
- 1 Cup-Shortbread Cookies-crushed
- 2 Tablespoons-Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup-Unsalted Butter-cold, cut into very small cubes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To make crumble, combine flour, pecans, shortbread cookies and brown sugar.
- Add cubed butter, using fingers combine until it is texture of a very course bread crumb.
- Place crumble in refrigerator while preparing filling.
- Place blueberries/brown sugar/flour/extract in a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Butter a deep baking dish/iron skillet or individual dishes and add blueberry mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cobbler from oven and top with crumble.
- Place back in oven and bake until crumble is golden brown 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and let stand to cool.
- Serve in shallow dishes topped with whip cream or vanilla ice cream.