- ½ Cup-Baking Soda
- 3 Cups-All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup-Water-warm
- Pasta Roller
- Optional Garnish-Korean BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread baking soda out into one layer.
- Place in one and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Place flour in a food processor.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baked baking soda to water and whisk to dissolve.
- Add to food processor and pulse to combine, dough will be crumbly.
- Remove and place on cutting board and press together.
- Knead for 2-3 minutes, wrap with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rest for one hour at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
- Make pesto according to recipe below.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, cover 3 pieces and begin work on the first piece.
- Roll out to the thickness just larger than the widest thickness of pasta roller.
- Continue to roll pasta through roller narrowing the thickness with each pass until you reach second thinnest setting.
- Cut either by hand or on the smallest cutter attachment on the pasta roller.
- Flour well, picking up noodles and shaking to coat evenly.
- Twist together in a couple piles on a well flour baking sheet.
- Cover and place in refrigerator while finishing the remaining dough.
- 2 Bunches-Scallions/Green Onions-lightly oiled, seasoned, grilled
- 3 Cloves-Garlic-peeled/rough chopped
- 1 Tablespoon-Ginger-peeled/rough chopped
- ½ Cup-Peanuts-Raw or Roast (no skin)-chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1 Teaspoon-Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup-Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons-Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup-Canola Oil
- ½ Cup-Parmesan Cheese-grated
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- Rough chop grilled scallions and place in food processor with garlic/peanuts/sesame oil/cilantro/lemon juice.
- Process to a paste and slowly add oil while still processing.
- Remove pesto to a bowl, stir in parmesan and season to taste with salt/pepper, leave a room temperature.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Drop a few portions of noodles at a time.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove to a colander and rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Place in a mixing bowl, toss with a few spoonful’s of pesto to coat.
- Place in bowls, garnish with peanuts and drizzle of Korean bbq sauce.