- 6 Ounces-Goat Cheese
- ½ Cup-All Purpose Flour
- 1 Each-Egg Yolk
- ¼ Cup-Parmesan Cheese-grated, plus extra
- To Taste-Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon-Unsalted Butter
- In a mixing bowl combine, by hand, goat cheese, flour, egg, parmesan and a pinch of salt.
- Knead until combined, but don’t over work, cut into four equal pieces, cover with a towel and allow to rest, 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a few large pinches of salt.
- Set up an ice bath, with cold water and ice.
- Roll gnocchi dough out into a long thin rope, about ¼” thick and cut into ½” pieces.
- Roll each piece over the back of a hand cheese grater, leaving a slight indention.
- Place on a floured sheet tray to keep from sticking.
- Add all gnocchi to boiling water and cook until all are floating, about 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or spider and place into ice bath to cool.
- Drain and place on a clean plate, while melting butter over medium high heat in a non-stick pan.
- Add gnocchi, cook, tossing occasionally, until slightly browned, 2-3 minutes.