Makes 4 Parfaits
- 6 Cups-Fresh Strawberries-washed, stem removed, cut into quarters
- 3 Tablespoons-Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Each-Fresh Lemon-juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon-Almond Extract
- 1 Each-Pound Cake
- 1/4 Cup-Almonds-chopped
- 2 Cups-Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup-Powdered Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon-Almond Extract
- Place strawberries, brown sugar, lemon juice and almond extract in a mixing bowl, toss to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour, tossing several time.
- Place heavy cream, pineapple juice and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together until thick and has stiff peaks.
- In 2 rocks glasses evenly disperse half of the strawberries.
- Cover with whip cream and a quarter of the almonds in each.
- Repeat with remaining strawberries, whip cream and almonds.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- These can be make a day in advance, keep covered.