- 1 Each-Whole Turkey-thawed completely
- 1 Brine Recipe-see recipe below
- 1 ½ Cups-Mayonnaise
- To Coat-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- To Coat-Olive Oil
- 1 Honey Bourbon Glaze Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil and place a rack in tray.
- Brine turkey according to recipe, rinse and pat dry (inside and out)
- Cut wings off, being careful not to cut too far into the breast and place on a sheet tray.
- Cut both breast off the bone and place on sheet tray.
- Cut off quarters (thigh/leg) and separate thigh from leg.
- Brush/rub entire turkey with mayo and season with salt/pepper.
- Heat a skillet or two to medium high heat and add just enough oil to lightly coat bottom of pan.
- Start browning each piece, in batches until golden brown, adding oil to pan with each batch if needed.
- When golden brown place each piece on sheet tray/rack, save pan drippings for gravy if desired. (see recipe)
- Place sheet with browned meat in the oven and roast until just cooked through, 155-160 degrees.
- Remove from oven as each piece reaches temp, breast/wings will finish before legs/thighs.
- While turkey is roasting make glaze according to recipe.
- Remove from oven and brush with glaze.
- Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes, basting a few times during that time.
- To serve, Slice breast meat and serve thighs, legs and wings whole. (or remove meat from bone).
- 1 Gallon-Hot Water
- 1 1/2 Cups-Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup-Granulated Sugar
- 1 Gallon-Cold
- To Cool-Ice
- In a large stock pot bring 1 gallon of water to a boil add salt/sugar and whisk to dissolve.
- Once dissolve add 1 gallon of cold water and enough ice to cool completely.
- Add turkey and place in refrigerator.
- Brine turkey for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Remove turkey breast from brine, rinse with cold water and pat completely dry.
Honey Bourbon Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons-Onion-small dice
- 1 Clove-Garlic-smashed into a paste
- ½ Cup-Jack Daniels
- 3 Tablespoons-Honey
- 2 Tablespoons-Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon-Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ Cup-Water
- To make glaze, melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add onion.
- Cook to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently and add garlic.
- Cook one minute, add bourbon, raise heat and reduce by half.
- Add honey, sugar, water and cook, stirring frequently until glaze starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to glaze turkey.