- 16 Ounces-Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Pint-Fresh Raspberries
- 3/4 Cup-Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon-Almond Extract
- 1 Teaspoon-Fresh Ginger
- 1 Each- French Vanilla Pound Cake-broken into bite size pieces
- 1 Pint-Fresh Raspberries-blackberries or strawberries
- 1/4 Cup-Sugar
- 1 Each-Lemon-juice
- For filling, in a mixing bowl, add ricotta, half of the raspberries, sugar, extract and ginger.
- Combine by hand or in a stand- up mixer until well combined, breaking up raspberries.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- For trifle place raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a separate mixing bowl.
- Gently mix to coat and let stand for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain off liquid and reserve.
- Divide broken pound cake into two piles.
- Equally distribute one half of each pile into bottom of four rocks or wine glasses.
- Drizzle with a little of reserved liquid from berries.
- Top with some raspberries and then top those with equal parts of half the filling.
- Top with remaining pound cake and filling.
- Top with remaining raspberries, reserved juices and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.