Makes 1 1/2 Pounds
• 1 1/2 Cups-Granulated Sugar
• 3/4 Cups-Light Corn Syrup
• 1/4 Cup-Unsalted Butter
• 2 Cups-Roasted Pecans-rough chopped
• 1 Tablespoon-Bourbon
1. In a sauce pan over low heat add sugar, corn syrup, butter and stir over low heat until dissolved.
2. Wash down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in warm water to keep sides from burning.
3. Place a candy thermometer in pan, bring mixture to a boil and cook without stirring to 330 degrees or light caramel stage.
4. While waiting for mixture to reach proper temperature lightly oil a wooden spoon and oil a baking sheet.
5. Remove from heat and quickly stir in pecans and bourbon.
6. Pour mixture onto oiled baking sheet and spread into one layer.
7. Let cool completely and break into pieces.
8. Store in an airtight container separated with wax paper.