- 4 Cups-Fresh Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries
- ¾ Cup-Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon-Almond Extract
- 1 Tablespoon-All Purpose Flour
- To Coat-Unsalted Butter
- ¾ Cups plus 2 Tablespoons-All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoons-Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoons-Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons-Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon-Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter-(1/2 stick), cut into small pieces, chilled
- 1/3 Cup-Sour Cream
- Place berries in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar/extract/flour and stir gently to coat.
- Make drop biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and mix to combine with a fork.
- Add chilled butter and work into flour using the tines of fork.
- Combine until there are pea size pieces of butter evenly dispersed throughout flour.
- Add sour cream and gently combine until dough starts to come together.
- Dump out onto a flour surface and gentle fold over onto itself 5 or 6 times.
- Butter a deep baking dish/iron skillet and add peach mixture.
- Top with thumb size pieces of size pieces of biscuit dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes and rotate skillet.
- Cook until bubbly and biscuits are golden and fluffy, an additional 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove and let stand to cool.
- Serve at room temperature, topped with whip cream or vanilla ice cream.