• One Batch-Basic Mac & Cheese-recipe below
• 6 Strips-Bacon-sliced into strips, cooked and drained
• 2 Cups-Cheddar Cheese-shredded
1. Make mac and cheese according to recipe.
2. Place on a sheet tray, spread into one layer and place in refrigerator to cool completely.
3. Preheat waffle iron to medium high.
4. Cut cooled mac and cheese into 8 equal 4”x4” squares.
5. Equally distribute cheddar/bacon on four of the squares and top with remaining mac and cheese squares.
6. Spray waffle iron with pan release and place on one stack of mac and cheese.
7. Close lid and cook until warmed through, should be melted and crispy.
8. Repeat with remaining mac and cheese stacks and serve.
Basic Mac & Cheese
• 3 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
• 1/2 Pound-Shell Pasta
• 1 1/2 Cups-Heavy Cream/whole milk/2% Milk
• To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
• 2 Cups-Cheddar Cheese-shredded (about 8 oz.)
1. Cook pasta one minute under package instructions.
2. Drain and cool, by running cold water over pasta, until completely cooled.
3. Leave in strainer while making sauce.
4. Melt butter over medium heat, add pasta and toss to coat.
5. Add heavy cream, salt/pepper and raise heat to medium high heat.
6. When cream begins to thicken add cheese, toss to melt.
7. Place in individual dishes or on a serving platter and serve.