• 16 Ounces-Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese-excess warm drained
• ¾ Cup-Powdered Sugar
• 1 Cup-Roasted Pumpkin Puree
• 1 Teaspoon-Powder Ginger
• 1 Teaspoon-Almond Extract
• ¼ Cup-Pecans-chopped, lightly toasted
• To Taste-Chili Spiked Chocolate-shaved for garnish
• To Dust-Cinnamon
• One Recipe-Bourbon Caramel-below
• 2 Tablespoons-Butter
• 2 Each-Honey Crisp Apples-about 2 Cups
• 3 Tablespoons-Brown Sugar
• ¼ Teaspoon-Cinnamon
1. Combine ricotta, sugar, pumpkin, ginger and almond extract in a standup mixer/bowl until well combined.
2. Place in a covered container and refrigerate, can be done a day ahead of time.
3. Melt butter in a pan, add apples, sugar and cinnamon.
4. Cook to soften apples, 3-5 minutes, remove from pan set aside.
5. To serve, scoop some of the pumpkin cream on a plate/or bowl.
6. Make an indention in the cream and spread outward, leaving a mound of cream and shallow path.
7. Spoon some of the apples in the indention and along the path.
8. Scatter on pecans, shave on some chocolate, dust plate with cinnamon drizzle with caramel and serve.
• ½ Cup-Brown Sugar
• 3 Tablespoons-Water
• 2 Tablespoons-Bourbon
• 4 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
• ¼ Cup-Heavy Cream
• ½ Teaspoon-Kosher Salt-plus extra
1. Place sugar in a sauce pot over medium high heat.
2. Add water/bourbon when sugar begins to melt and stir to incorporate.
3. When it starts to boil stop stirring, let cook to slightly thicken, about 2 minutes.
4. Whisk in the butter to melt, remove from heat and whisk in cream slowly.
5. Leave at room temperature.